Six dollar dinner

Sometimes people don't believe it when I tell them how cheaply I feed my family.  I decided to start sharing some of my amazingly cheap dinners.

This is a meal I cooked for my husband, my daughter and me:



I bought these beautiful 1" thick pork chops on sale for just 3.31.  I seared them off in a screaming hot iron skillet for about 5 minutes on each side, and then I finished them off in the oven til they reached 160 degrees.  I made a quick pan gravy using a little flour to make a roux, then milk, salt and pepper.

I served them with stuffing (1.00), Corn on the cob (.99 from the produce manager's special rack), and applesauce (1.79, and we used 1/2 of the jar, so .90)

Total for this beautiful meal - $6.20 to feed 3 people!

If we were to eat this same meal out in a restaurant, it would cost well over $30 for the 3 of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment