Boston Market...NOT!

Talk about saving money! A meal like this at Boston Market would have cost $20.97. I had this on the table in less than 30 minutes, and it only cost me around 6 bucks.





I was crunched for time and couldn't think of anything decent for dinner that would be quick.  As I was heading for the check-out, I noticed the rotisserie chickens were on sale for 3.99...Whew!, that saved me.

I grabbed one, and when I got home, I whipped up some mashed potatoes (about .50 to make), some mac & cheese (another .80), and a can of green beans (.59), and viola!  Less than 30 minutes later we were sitting down to this great meal.  (To be fair to Boston Market, we opted for white bread, but corn muffins would have set me back another 33 cents for a dozen.)

Total for the meal - $6.21 ( that would be with the corn muffins)
Per person price at Boston Market - $6.99

I easily could have fed 4 people with this meal.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have all that starch, but we would be big as houses if we ate like that! Looks yummy, though!

    ReplyDelete