How I saved 110.00 by making a phone call


A couple weeks ago, my husband ran out of 2 of his medicines. We were in the middle of changing insurance, so he was uninsured at the time. I wasn't really worried because one of his medicines (Plavix) had finally come out with a generic. I called CVS to see how much the cash price was for that, and one of his other medicines. I was shocked to hear that the generic Plavix was 109.00!
The other medicine was 29.95, so 140.00 altogether. Well, I started looking around on the internet to see if I could find the generic Plavix cheaper. I saw on a lot of these "Free Prescription discount card" sites where I could save up to 70% on it. I called CVS back and they told me the price they quoted was with the discount. I called our local family-owned pharmacy, Piney Flats Drug Center, only to find out their price was 19.95 for the generic Plavix and 8.95 for his other medicine! Savings? 110.05...not bad for 10 minutes work!

No comments:

Post a Comment